Tamiya RC 1/24 Scale 4WD Mini Lunch Box SW-01 Chassis (Complete Assembly Kit) - 57409
Tamiya RC 1/24 Scale 4WD Mini Lunch Box SW-01 Chassis (Complete Assembly Kit)
The Lunch Box is a famous name in Tamiya R/C and Mini 4WD, delighting many a hobbyist over the years. Now, it is here in brand new mini 1/24 form, as a fascinating R/C model assembly kit! While extremely compact, it is endowed with excellent mechanical design: gear driven 4WD, strut suspension and more! The lightweight polycarbonate body comes pre-painted in yellow, with wheel arches pre-cut and body mount holes already made. Stickers are included to decorate the body.
Super-Compact 4WD, 190mm long and 150mm wide, the SW-01 is a compact, highly fun 4WD chassis. A Type 370 motor is central in the slim monocoque frame, with gears transmitting its output to the front and rear of the model, where 70mm tyres translate it into a powerful drive. The chassis power source is mounted in the top section to allow wild wheelies under acceleration. Strut type 4-wheel independent coil sprung suspension utilises single piece upper arms to link left and right wheel steering motion, helping suppress roll during turns, and together with front and rear differentials realise a tight turning circle.
This is a compact, manoeuvrable, and above all super-fun addition to the world of Tamiya wheelie models! It's a familiar face, too, as the legendary Tamiya Lunch Box has been shrunk down to 1/24 scale.
The classic shrunken Lunch Box body sits on top of the 4WD SW-01 chassis. It is capable of 4-wheel steering using separately sold Upper Arm Connectors that not only allows you to steer with all four wheels on the ground, but it also allows the vehicle to steer while doing wheelies!
- 1/24 scale R/C model assembly kit
- The steering uses 1-piece upper arms for a tight turning circle and the body leans to help suppress tumbles
- The body is attached to the body mounts using magnets for quick attachment
- The Type 370 motor is located right in the centre of the SW-01 chassis, in a gear-driven 4WD setup
- The famous Lunch Box body is moulded in lightweight and durable polycarbonate and is pre-painted
- The body leans in the direction in which the model steers, achieving remarkably tight turning circles
- Strut style suspension with a Responsive 4WD
- Can be used with standard size servos and R/C equipment despite its compact nature
- Big, tread patterned tyres give superb traction and add to the overall cartoonish look of the Lunchbox Mini
- Aftermarket battery note: Battery pack size must be under 66x36x15mm in size
Length - 190mm
Width - 150mm
Height - 140mm
Wheelbase - 92mm
Tread - 122mm (Front/Rear)
Tyre Width/Diameter - 28/70mm (Front/Rear)
In the Box
Tamiya RC 1/24 Scale 4WD Mini Lunch Box SW-01 Chassis (Kit)
Carson Reflex 2.4Ghz Steerwheel Radio System
Carson Standard Size Servo
Carson Compact Li-ion Charger
Carson 1700mAh 7.4v Li-Ion Battery Pack
Tamiya TEU-105 BK ESC with BEC
Tamiya Type 370 Motor
Required to Complete
4AA Batteries for the Transmitter